Thursday, April 14, 2005

that socialsomatic guy sure has a bad attitude

My cold has settled in for a long winter's nap, it would seem. It does make me wonder how people were able to maintain the belief for so many centuries that the body and mind are separate. If that were true, my head full of snot should not be dragging my soul to such depths. But it is.

In my family, sickness was a special occasion. It was the one time you could count on unqualified positive support from the parents, which made getting sick a bit like a birthday party. Perhaps you understand, in part, why I am so weird and cynical.

In my wife's family, the cure for sickness was more work. This has led to an occasional clash of values that I think we've worked out.

Anyway, things are made no less surreal by the fact that my household will be hosting an Enjo party tonight. Think David Koresh meets Mr. Clean. As Nancy pointed out, it should be blogging gold. What doesn't kill you can only delay your death, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home