Thursday, March 31, 2005

on the road

Greetings from Greymouth, NZ. I've finally found time for a quick post. The trip has been great - the best was Milford Sound. The place gets 7 to 9 METERS of rain a year, and we managed to get a sunny day there with seals, dolphins, et al. The mountains here are pretty stunning, although my Swiss mother-in-law is a little nonplussed about them. Today we head to Kaikoura, and swim with seals tomorrow. A couple of favourite moments from the trip:

Favourite cultural moment: I heard a radio station imploring listeners to tune in "after sex." Bold, I thought, until I remembered that Kiwis pronounce the number six as "sex."

Favourite brain warp moment: I have a tendency to hear people wrong. Well, actually, to hear them correctly and then for my information processing system to turn it into something weird. So when wife-of-socialsomatic asked if we could find an info centre I heard "a nympho centre." Still, what would be wrong with a few nympho centres for the weary traveller?

My, this entry is rather ribald, isn't it?

Is there such a thing as too many rhetorical questions?

Anyway, I should run. I'm keen to jump into the stereotypes comments, but don't have time at the moment (plus they're not loading properly on this computer). Later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hey! A sunny day at Milford Sound is a rare and wondrous thing - glad you're enjoying the trip!

2:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back!

Please?

We'll be nice this time...

8:06 p.m.  
Blogger temppixie said...

I'm with you on the nympho centres! I think the time to worry is when we stop asking questions.First time on your blog, enjoyed it, will return for another visit.

9:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home