Thursday, February 24, 2005

ennui

On only the third day of maintaining a blog, I'm beginning to understand why writers write so many self-serving pieces about writer's block. I'm pretty sure Gwen Stefani has a big hit to that effect at the moment. I think I'll submit an article to an academic journal titled, "This postmodern article refers to itself" and see if I can pull off a similar trick.

It really blows my mind how self-indulgence is held up as such a model. It is for this reason I cannot bear to watch Oprah Winfrey interview anybody. I also cannot bear to hear George Bush claim that he believes in accountability. Sure, he believes in it for teachers and migrant workers. But, the reins need to be pulled in on the SEC, wild fucking renegades they are.

Anyway, feeling low on inspiration and time I've chosen to post a slightly edited version of something I wrote a long time ago. I worry that I'm dipping into my coffers too soon, but I'd like to end each post with the sort of satisfaction I ended yesterday's with. Soon, I'll have more time and hopefully original, quality material will become the norm. Either that or I'll be writing a post about adjusting expectations. Here goes...


Run as fast as you can,
For Friday Night.
Your Night.
To do what they want you to do.
To hide and forget,
To avoid the embarrassment,
Of Sunday Night's Dream.
Of your finger pointed at a dark infinity.
A scream that does not come from you, But is you.
You have not fulfilled the promise of my childhood.
I want another shot of Botox.
I want the Family Values Meal.
I want to fuck enlightenment.
I want to eat God.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want to "fuck enlightenment"?

8:07 a.m.  
Blogger H. Now said...

"I" can mean so many things. So many things can mean so many things.

11:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RRQ: "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of discussion." [-Plato, philosopher (427-347 BCE)] Who knew you were such a random deep thinker? I like this side of you. ;) - WRL

3:08 p.m.  
Blogger H. Now said...

Thanks WRL. I can only imagine the fun it would be to see your random deep thoughts.

10:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home